Is there any bug in the world people hate more than the blood-sucking, disease-carrying mosquito?
Why, yes – many of us would agree the tick is right up there on the ‘disgusting scale.’ Like mosquitoes, these parasites are also content to feed on the blood of people, mammals, and birds.
What Are Ticks?
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Colorado tick fever
- Q fever
- Tick paralysis
- Different forms of ehrlichiosis
Where Do They Live?
These pests love wooded areas filled with shrubs, tall grasses or weeds, and leaf litter – they may also take up residence in woodpiles, overgrown yard areas, and bird feeders.
Ticks cannot fly or jump, yet such places make it easy for them to attach themselves to animals and people who might be gardening, playing, performing yard work, or just passing through the area.
Unlike mosquito bites, tick bites generally do not hurt or itch. They may go undetected and lead to dangerous surprises if disease later appears.
How Can I Get Rid of Them?
Homerun Pest & Termite Control offers full tick protection through our Standard Pest Protection plan. We feature pesticides that are low in toxicity and do not leave residual odors.
We generally need to treat only the exterior, leaving you free to carry out your day’s schedule uninterrupted.
Our plan includes:
- Year-long protection for your home or business
- Treatment of overhangs and eaves
- Barriers around doors and windows
- Clearing of spider webs
- Flexible options for monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly service
- 100% satisfaction and money-back guarantee
- Reassurance from our membership with The Good Contractors List