There are many types of rodents, but rats and mice are the most common and dangerous. In this article, you will learn about rodent removal for your home.
Are Rats and Mice Dangerous?
Rats and mice threaten human health and damage property. For instance, rats have big teeth and can cause pain, bleeding, redness and swelling if they bite you. This is why you need to eliminate them from your home sooner to avoid endangering your family’s health. Additionally, rats and mice can compromise the integrity of your structure, leading to costly repairs or replacements.
How do I know If I Have Rodents In My House?
Whether you’ve seen them or not, you could have rats and mice in your home. You can quickly tell if you have them by checking out the signs below.
- Dark brown marks, especially where you store food.
- A pathway of greasy and dirty marks left behind by rats.
- Movement of the rodents in the attic and between walls when the house is quiet.
- Chewed materials such as wires and plastics.
How Can I Remove Rats and Mice?
It feels devastating to have rats and mice in your home. You can hardly sleep in peace because these rodents move around the house looking for food. Here are tips to get rid of rodents.
- Remove all traces of leftover food and food particles.
- Seal all cracks, whether large or small, using steel wool or caulk.
- De-clutter your basement and attics, leaving no trace of dirt.
- If you have timber, store it away from your house.
- Close garbage containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
Some of these tips may work, and others may not work depending on the level of infestation. In this case, it is best to call a professional to do the work for you.
Contact Home Run Pest & Termite Control
If you’ve done all you could to remove rats and mice, but still see them moving around your home, contact Home Run Pest & Termite Control today. We will be glad to help you with rodent removal.