An uninvited rodent in your home is a recipe for disaster. Not only are rodents well-known disease carriers, but they are rapidly replicating and seriously destructive pests as well. If left alone, one rodent can easily become a hundred-strong rodent invasion before you even know it.
Getting Rid of Rodents
The best way to get rid of a rodent is to never let them make themselves at home in the first place. Even taking steps to keep rodents from moving in can also make your home a less livable spot for rodents that are already inside.
If you have rodents in your home, consider these steps to keep more from inviting themselves in:
- Wipe down all food preparation areas immediately after use
- Store food in airtight containers
- Repair exterior gaps and cracks in the foundation, siding, roof, door frames, window frames, and around pipes
- Keep your property free of debris and mulch areas that invite rodents
- Keep trees and bushes near the home properly trimmed back from the siding, roof, and foundation
- Keep tight fitting lids on all trash cans
These preventative tips not only help keep more rodents from making a home for themselves in your home, but they can help encourage the ones you might have inside to not stay. Like any living thing, mice and rats prefer to live near a food and water source. If they cannot get that in your home, they may look to relocate elsewhere.
That said, sometimes you can do everything you can to prevent them, but a rodent will still make its way inside. If you already have mice or rats in your home, the most effective way to remove them is to call in a professional.
Don’t deal with unreliable live traps or potential contamination from poisons, contact us today to let the professionals at Home Run Pest & Termite Control remove rodents and all other pests from your home safely and quickly.